New Priority Occupation List – PMSOL Update
On 2 September 2020, the Acting Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs, the Hon Alan Tudge MP announced the introduction of a new priority skills list (‘PMSOL’). This will allow skilled workers in specific occupations to gain a travel exemption to travel to Australia. However, the mandatory quarantine period of 14 days will still apply on arrival.
These occupations are in the health care, construction and the IT sectors. The occupations identified were based on advice from the National Skills Commission, and in consultation with other relevant Commonwealth agencies.This list is temporary and priority occupations may change as Australia recovers from the pandemic.
The 17 occupations on the PMSOL are:
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
Existing skilled migration occupation lists will remain active and applications will still be processed, but priority will be given to those relating to occupations on the PMSOL.
Priority processing of nomination and visa applications for PMSOL occupations applies to these employer sponsored visa sub classes:
- Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482)
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494)
- Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa (subclass 186)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visa (subclass 187)
Heenan & Browne Visa and Migration Services have significant experience of the employer sponsored visa program and can deal with any difficult issues that may arise when applying for a visa. Please contact our office to discuss your options.
This site is registered on wpml.org
as a development site.