Zhanna HeenanVisa News 15 November, 2023
Are you considering migrating to New South Wales through the Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491)? Heenan & Browne Visa and Migration Services can assist you in this journey. In this post, we answer some common questions about the Subclass 491 NSW Nomination process.
NSW Nomination in a nutshell:
NSW nomination opens doors for skilled migrants to live, work, and study in designated regional areas for a 5-year period. There are two pathways to NSW nomination:
If applying under ‘Pathway 1,’ you must have 12 months of continuous living and working in a designated regional area of NSW. Your skilled employment must meet specific criteria, including a minimum salary level.
What basic criteria do I need to meet to be considered for NSW nomination?
– Visa eligibility. You must meet legislative requirements for the grant of a Subclass 491 visa.
– Valid skills assessment in an occupation on the eligible skilled occupation list.
– Residency in NSW for a minimum of three months or offshore residency for the same period.
What are the important factors to consider before submitting an EOI for NSW nomination?
– EOI must remain valid throughout the assessment period.
– No changes can be made after applying under ‘Pathway 1’ or being invited under ‘Pathway 2.’
– Your EOI must be exclusively for subclass 491 and seeking nomination from NSW only.
What are the key steps for securing NSW Nomination?
For ‘Pathway 1’:
For ‘Pathway 2’:
How often do NSW nomination invitation rounds take place?
– Occur throughout the financial year.
How can I improve my chances of being invited to apply for NSW Nomination?
– Factors considered include points score, English language proficiency, and work experience.
– NSW targets occupations in key sectors: health, education, ICT, infrastructure, and agriculture.
What are the main reasons why NSW nomination applications get declined?
– Failure to meet residency requirements.
– Incorrect skilled employment claims.
– Lack of evidence for claimed points.
Are there alternative visa pathways in NSW?
Yes, it is definitely a good idea to consider other visa options, such as a subclass 190 sponsored by NSW. You can also explore your options in other states of Australia. Professional guidance from Heenan & Browne can enhance your chances of successful migration.
Embark on your migration journey with confidence. Book a consultation with Heenan & Browne Visa and Migration Services today for expert assistance.
23 November, 2023
15 November, 2023